Pages

Saturday, July 16, 2011

I'm Wired!

This summer I had the amazing opportunity to be apart of a week of mission work in Dothan AL. called WIRED week! WIRED week is where local churches in the Dothan area come together and do mission work all over their community.
I had the pleasure to help with a children's ministry track that went to a girls home called Girls Inc. The girls there were so sweet. Some of them had really bad home lives and it was cool to see God use us to minister to them.
In the mornings we played with the girls. I mostly played on the playground with some of the younger ones. I showed them how to play Ninja and they LOVED it!!! In the afternoons we did a VBS program with them. There was about 150 girls at Girls Inc. and at times the girls overwhelmed us, but God is good and He allowed the girls to calm down long enough for us to teach our Bible lessons. By the end of the week we had about 20 girls make a profession of faith in Christ. It was amazing to watch!
My wonderful track group!


I also got to spend the whole week with my sister Jen. It was just like old times :)

Lauren was the best track leader ever!!!

Sweet friends!

All in all WIRED week was amazing and I am so trilled that God allowed me to be apart of the work He is doing in Dothan AL. I will never forget the smiling faces at Girls Inc.
I also loved the Bible studies in the mornings and the serves at night were great. I hope I get the chance to do WIRED again!

5 comments:

Laynah said...

That's an awesome thing for you to do! Funny how things like that put things in perspective sometimes. And knowing that you helped someone, even if just a little, is so rewarding.

Unknown said...

Yay! Your first blog! I loved this sista! I'm so glad you enjoyed it and I hope you come back next year!

Michelle said...

:) I'm glad you liked it. It only took me like three days to figue everything out LOL

Sam W. said...

awesome!! the pictures are gorgeous :)

sim said...

you all looked so charming and red-cheeked! serving others always makes one ten times the beauty. :)